Hurray! We found a house! A few weeks ago Austin and I checked out a new housing development that had some cute floor plans. The downer was that the houses in our price range would have to be built (which takes 60 - 90 days). There was one house that some couple had customized for them but ended up being transfered to Detroit so they left it on the Builders hands. Unfortunately it was out of our price range. After our last house fell through (after the inspection) we suddenly felt the urge to call this housing development. Austin called and basically told them what we were willing to pay (which was about 15 grand under the asking price). The lady talked to her boss and called us back saying that if we signed the papers that day we could get the house! So here it is!
The neighborhood is somewhat cookie cutter (which is not our favorite) but doable for a starter home. The floor plan is 1400 sq. ft. with a full unfinished basement. 3 bedroom and 2 bath. The bank says we should be able to get the loan in 2 weeks so it is basically a waiting game. We will probably get in right after Thanksgiving.
10 comments:
What a cute house! I love the front yard. Our starter "trailer" was a claustrophobic's nightmare!!! Glad you found something spacious!
Wonderful. . . . I hope the bank breaks records getting the paperwork pushed through. What are you plans for Thanksgiving anyway. I love the turky thing going on around your blog. I could just gobble it up!!:)
Congrats on the house!! I am so excited for you! So I think that you should come on out our way for Thanksgiving! We really don't have any plans. You need to see what else the midwest offers anyway:)
Love IT!!
HOORAY! I am SOOO happy for you! What an adorable house too the brick/rock on the outside adds a lot! I love the kitchen! And a BASEMENT! That is like FOODSTORAGE HEAVEN :)!!!!! What a great Blessing! Maybe we will both be putting Big Red Bows on our front doors this year! Merry Christmas to US! Love you Kimberly Wallas!
WAHOO FOR YOU!!!! Your house is awesome! Love it....can't wait for the day that we will buy a house!
Love it! I really like the spacious kitchen.
We would love to come visit you for Thanksgiving but Jared has finals soon and needs to stay home and study.
Send an email to me at kandra.owens@gmail.com so we can discuss visiting some other time.
Brother and Sister Gwynn !
I love you guys, your house is so CUTE!!!
I'm so happy for you both!!!
These pictures of you just top everything off.
Kim, you look G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S in your wedding Dress. I'm so glad you guys were my teachers!!!
Love, Lynley
{ Your long lost friend}
P.S. The people who live in with Sister White aren't as cool as you. :}
What a nice house! I'm so happy for the two of you. I'm sure you'll love it and it'll be perfect for you!
Post a Comment