Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Here's the scoop...

So I have been applying for jobs online through Craigslist and didn't really think much about it.  I have had a couple of responses but nothing has really panned through until recently.  It was a nannying position for a family from Ireland that was moving here this week... I was very trusting and shared some information that I probably should have withheld.  After sharing all this with my husband we realized that maybe this was not a real position.  We do not know yet for sure but I emailed the man that I had been communicating with and requested that my husband and I meet him and his family before I start working to ensure both parties that this arrangement would work (this was done on Monday).  I have not yet  heard from him so I don't know what to think but we decided to make our blog private just in case... so everyone BE CAREFUL of who you interact with online!  Hopefully this position is real because it pays really well and it would work great with my schedule (when school starts next semester) but I am not holding my breath.  

Besides that everything is going well... we are in the process of BUYING A HOUSE!!!  HURRAH! It is a very cute house on a good sized lot... it is even on a street named Green Acres which (from what I hear) is the place to be!  I would post pictures but my camera was out of batteries so I didn't take any!  We are doing inspections this week and hopefully we will close by the 12th of December!  

Thanks to all of you who posted your email addresses, I think that is record for the most responses I have ever received!  At least I know people actually look on here!  If you run into people that want access to my blog (that you know I know) then send me an email or comment and I will add them on.  Thanks again, you guys are the best! 

3 comments:

Becky Montoya Wright said...

I think I've heard of craigslist, but don't really know what it is--I'm sure this comes as a real surprise, since I'm known for my technological skills. Glad I get to view the private blog and hope all works out.

ltandjbcox said...

Okay, can I just suggest the ghoulish photo of Austin be put away for another year. . .It freaks me out.

Justin said...

Hey Kim if the nanny thing doesn't work out, I hear there is a prince in Nigeria that needs to get rid of some money for tax purposes.....that is scarey. I was in communication with a scammer trying to sell a Mini Cooper. Made for some interesting emails. Luckily I am smart like a fox and didn't give them any info.

Not that you're not smart like a fox (maybe more like a coyote). I hope things work out. Too bad about your house.