
Since my mom referred to the story about my dad and the "lost talk" in her last comment, I decided to treat you all with a little story. A few weeks ago my parents were writing their talks to give in sacrament the following Sunday. Being the good daughter I am I called to check in with my mama and see what was going on back home. During our conversation I could hear dad in the back ground walk in and say "Joyce, I just lost my freakin' talk"... he was (as you might imagine) a little frustrated. (Let me just say real quick that when my dad gets frustrated it just tickles me... I think his is so cute when he is upset, except of course when it is at me!)... anyways, mom walks over to his computer and asks "well what exactly happen"... dad: "I just pushed enter and the whole thing disappeared!" So here I am on the phone listening to them talk about what happened and what she could do to help. Finally I kicked in and had an idea. (If you are familiar with Microsoft word then you probably know what I was thinking). Here are my thoughts: If my dad pressed enter and the whole talk disappeared then maybe he had the whole talk selected (highlighted) for some reason before he pushed it. So I told my mom to push the "undo" button and TADA! It was all back... my dad really loved me after that, sorry siblings... I am probably his favorite now (well at least for that moment)!
Another funny story that I have to tell just happened this past week. I received an email from one of my friends (you know, one of the one's where you have to erase the last persons answers and then fill in your own for all the different questions), I don't usually participate in such things but this one was shorter and I was bored. So I filled it out and sent it to a few people, including my dad. The next time I checked my email I had already received it back from him. (What a good dad, right? Participating in this fun email game with his daughter, he probably just wants to share a part of his life with me so that we can bond!) I am all excited and open it up and what did I find... nothing, it looked exactly the same as when I sent it. I rescanned it to make sure that I wasn't missing anything... nope, he definitely didn't change anything. So I am thinking, well he is getting kind of old... maybe he doesn't understand how this whole thing works. So I email him back and tell him what he did wrong and how he can fix it. His reply: "yeah, well I bet I was the first one to send it back to you!" Yep you were, Good job dad, you are the winner... :)
9 comments:
Never a dull moment at your families house. And the whole tune in tokyo thing. I wanted to leave that on your blog first but I didn't know if you would think I was crazy. So now that I have my own daughter I'm sure I will be the laugh of their jokes when I take her and the girls shopping. Lots of good memories we had growing up. But I would have to say that was the best story to pass along.
Okay, so I totally agree with dad being hilarious when he's mad. It did scare me as a child, but now it's some good memories. And I'm sorry I didn't send back that e-mail that you sent. I just usually don't do those. In fact I was tagged on a blog once and I never did anything with that. I'm just lazy or something. Maybe Busy is a better word than lazy. LOVE ME
KT :)
Okay, I just have to say that your dad was laughing so hard that tears were running down his cheek. Hilarious. He loved that you made him the butt of this particular blog. Keep up the good work!!
Your Dad is awesome. I think its so funny when dads get upset. Its hilarious. Especially when they are old like our dads. But hey, it makes you love them even more. Good to hear your doing great. Talk to you later. Love ya :)
i love your stories! i was sitting at work and starting laughing outloud after reading it. :) i love dads! thanks for sharing that.
kim! how the heck are you! this has nothing to do with your post, although your family is hilarious! Haha love the cox family. so it's cool to see what's new in your life and what's up. this blogging thing is so strange, but it's fun. well i just wanted to say hi.
Those made me laugh so hard. I told Jared about it and we had a good laugh.haha Your dad is great though.
I just loved this little story. I dont think that I have any bad memories of your dad. I just love you Leigh!!! And Kim, you did a great job of expressing just how wonderfully enjoyable and funny your dad is in this!
Your dad is such a funny guy. It's true, it seems like dad's get funnier the older they get. Well, funny and crazy! My dad is a poster child for crazy. :) Sounds like you guys are doing good. Love ya!!
Post a Comment