So here I am at 3:30 in the morning with a runny nose. I fell asleep at 9pm last night (which is really early for me). I woke up around 2 am this morning and couldn't sleep anymore. I don't really feel sick but my nose will not stop running! I took some medicine and I am just waiting for it to kick in. Since I couldn't sleep I decided to use this time to bake the crusts for the two chocolate cream pies I am making for tomorrow (don't worry I washed my hands after each time I blew my nose). (I have decided that google is my new best friend. Whenever I need a recipe I just google it and there it is! So much easier than searching through a cook book!) anyway, the pie crusts turned out pretty good. One of them looks a little thick, but I don't think you can go wrong with just a little more chocolate. We will be spending Thanksgiving at Troy's house in Orem, just a few minutes away. I am excited to be with family and to join in the Cox's festivities. It's always a party when you go over there... Great food, friends, and fun! (I should be in advertising)!
To tell you the truth being up late at night with no one else around and nothing to really do is fairly peaceful. It gives me time to think about life and how truly thankful I am for the many blessings I have. Heavenly Father really looks out after us and blesses us tremendously. I hope that this Thanksgiving we can all take the time to realize our blessings and thank those that have made those blessings possible. I know that I am blessed by having great friends and family... thank you all for being great examples to me!! I love you guys!... (even you Justin, and yes, I know I am corny).
3 comments:
I am so glad to reconnect with you!! We are still in Pinetop. We bought a house last year, so it looks like we may end up here for a really long time. I love this blogging stuff, it makes the world so small!
kimberly, you are weird. i have never heard so many lame things in one paragraph in my life (i hope you know, by teasing, i am accepting). does that make sense? what am i saying? you are quite cool. remember this,
"muffins are just ugly cupcakes."
-woody paige
You're cute kimmy, you probably could have called me if you were up at 3:30 there's a good chance I was up with a baby. But I agree, sometimes I have better reading time in the middle of the night.
Post a Comment