Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chairs, School, and Other Randomness

Well I hope everyone had a great holiday season.  Ours has been filled with household chores, registering vehicles, updating addresses with various organizations, and just hanging out.  

We bought a beautiful cherry wood dining table set through Craigslist.  I spent a few days reupholstering the chairs.  Here are a couple of pictures.  The cream fabric is the old and the paisley is the new.  I think they turned out pretty good.  It was a good first time reupholstering experience for me (even it took me twice as long on the first couple).  

Austin did not get many vacation days for the holidays since he just started in October so we did not travel which is ok because we have come to love Valpo.  Some of our favorite things around here are: 
The people: everyone is very friendly
The Bistro: Best restaurant in town
The library: Free movie rentals
The downtown area of Valpo
and our Home, of course (its nice to know we will be here for a while).

I will be starting a class next week at the local college for Physical Therapy Assisting.  It is the only pre-req class that I need (along with a test) to apply to the program.  Hopefully it will all go smoothly and I can start in the fall in the program.

I guess that is all, I haven't taken many pictures lately so all you get are the chairs.  I have been keeping an eye on Ding fares through Southwest (which are usually pretty cheap).  If any of you are interested in flying out let me know.  We would love to have you.  (side note: Austin's brother (Warren) and his wife (Erin) had a flight get canceled while they were at the Chicago O'hare airport and so we were able to see them and have our first overnight guests during the Christmas break.)  Anyways, that is all, I will stop rambling.   

8 comments:

Skylar & Chanell said...

Your chairs turned out so nice. I love the fabric you picked out. Very Cute. I'm so glad that you are liking Indiana. Seems as though you are getting to know your way around. Love ya Kimmy!!

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

hey kim... saw your note on becky's blog. while i am SO completely far from any level of budgeting I just have excel spreadsheet with all our bills in order and as I pay them I enter the date payed and amount for each month they file according to what kind of bill it is. And then sum the amount and have that each month, so while its not a plan I can tackle whats coming and see what we spent each month (actually have it from since we got married and found out I would have to be on top of the bills) you could keep this printed in your folder and keep filing the way you have been. but i don't know. i just don't have time to do all that becky does or the control, we don't spend and are doing better but it will be sometime before we reach anything close to that =) your chairs look good. sorry rambling post, must be bored at home today (we did the park, but now what! its one of those)

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Well it was good and bad that we didn't get stranded in Chicago. Good because we got to be home for Christmas Eve(only 7 hours late) and then bad because we didn't get to see you!! Thanks for letting us have that as an option though. Cool chairs! I am not that adventurous when it comes to molly mormon type stuff...haha. See ya soon.

Heidi Joncas said...

Love the chairs. Paisley print is my new love at the moment. I love redoing old things.

ltandjbcox said...

The paisley is great, almost micicking the wood shape on the chair back!! wonderful. I will keep my eye on the "ding" thing and my schedule at work. Might not get to happen until in Feb. sometime.
Have a happy January!!

Team Seguritan said...

Donovan would like to say that he LOVEs your chairs, they are a pretty shade of blue. By pretty he means, girly and stuff. They look like a good size for big butts. If you don't know what that means, ask your sister.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

we are excited about the pack too... its too bad the most avid hikers in our family live SO far away! it probably won't get a ton of use until next winter when i'm trying to decrease in size not slowly expanding... two weeks till we 'know' what kind of neice/nephew

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

kim- there is something nice about the seasons though, we never get to bundle up and wear sweaters =( maybe you should get some snow shoes... I did that some before Bryce and it was quite the workout and it sounds like you have enough snow! I miss it some, it would be tough now though cause I am so out of shape.