Monday, October 6, 2008

On the Move

Austin has been so bored the last few months waiting to get a job... now that he has one and we are getting ready to move he has been REALLY busy!  Calling moving companies, getting pre-employment papers filled out, re-packing boxes and building a camper shell on our truck!  Can you believe him? What can I say? He is AMAZING!  We are going to drive our truck to Indiana and don't want to worry about people stealing things out of the back so he decided to build a cover so we could travel at ease.  

Did you know it is actually cheaper to ship a car then to drive it?  Crazy huh?  Because of this we are going to ship our two normal cars and drive the beautiful truck.  Moving far away is pretty expensive, luckily the company is paying for all our moving costs!



We now have boxes A-X all inventoried (is that a word?) so that if we lose one we will know what was in it... pretty good idea but time consuming (especially when everything was already packed in the first place!).  

Anyways, we plan on leaving on Friday.  We are going to head up to Utah to see some friends and family before we go to the midwest (it only adds on about four hours in the whole scheme of things and when you are already driving 26 then what difference does it make?).  We will update you as we go!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

wow. That is an intense moving strategy with the boxes!

Absolutely, we'd love to hang out with you guys this weekend. So far I don't know of any plans we have, so let us know, and we'll pencil you in!

Heidi Joncas said...

Good luck on your big move! Keep us updated on everything in Indiana.

J*T*B*B said...

Good luck on your move! I hope all goes smoothly. Are you still going to do your purses since you are moving?

Team Seguritan said...

No matter how much I enjoy the moving process. I have to say I'm so glad it's not me. But it does look fun! I'm just too tired..maybe I should just go to bed and stop reading my family's blogs. At least you're the youngest so I'm done now.

night.

KT

Day said...

I'm deeply impressed by your super-human organizational skills. . . inventoried is indeed a word, and you have Entirely earned the right to use it.

I've moved a lot of times, and it never looked like that. . .

but I'm related to you, so I must at least be genetically capable?

:)

Brandon and Sally said...

Super organized! I like the idea! Hope things work out for you guys in Indiana! I'm sure it will, it'll be a new experience! Woohoo! Their always fun!

Skylar & Chanell said...

Hey kimmy... good luck with everything in Indiana. Hopefully you'll get to visit once in a while. By the way... its your birthday today... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the get together last night, it was a lot of fun. We hope all goes well for you guys over in Indiana. Let us know next time you are in town. Those bags look nice too Kim.