Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy September!


Hello my friends.  Here in AZ everything is going well.  We went on a camping trip last weekend with a lot of family in the area and had a great time.  I especially enjoyed the thick mattress pads we had to sleep on.  I had my best night's sleep ever (on a camping trip), which was awesome. 



Austin has received two job offers recently, which is very exciting.  One is in Gary, IN and the other in Phoenix.  He still has two more interviews this week (one in Seattle and the other in Palo Verde, west of Phoenix).  We will see what happens, all we know is that we will probably be moving soon!  If any of you know Indiana or have any thoughts on which locations would be better, let us know.  We will obviously decide in the end according to which job meets our needs but we are curious about what people think of the different locations.




Well, I have started up a hobby recently (purse making).  I am usually anti- hobbies mainly because they cost a lot of time and money.  I started off making myself a purse modeled after one I already own and then  I went crazy.  It's been so long since I have used my creative brain and I have really enjoyed trying this out.  So far I have made six purses in the last three weeks.  I have decided that I want to make purses that are affordable and super cute as a side hobby.  I will probably start a separate blog to show off what I have been up to. I am just curious to know what price range you girls would pay for a purse like one of these, any input you have would be appreciated.  

Well, I guess that is all.  Take care and I will update you as soon as we decide what we will do!  Who knows!

12 comments:

Skylar & Chanell said...

That is so neat that Austin has gotten so many job offers, and whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be the right choice for you two. Good luck with all of that. And by the way your purses are super cute. See ya later. ;)

Becky Montoya Wright said...

Can't believe you guys will already be packing your bags. Sam is gonna miss his pal Austin--I think intellectually Sam's appreciated having a smart guy around (no offense to the other men in the neighborhood). He might try to "move-in upstairs and join Grandpa's family." Super cool that jobs are lining up. You guys deserve great things!

Rachel said...

If I were you, I'd still hold out for a job offer in Thatcher. j/k. I'm so impressed that you can make purses. You forgot to mention one of the best part about the purses though- all the cool magnents!

Ross/Uptain family said...

Hey Girly!
It was great seeing you too! I miss you so much! I think that whatever place you guys move to, will be the right decision! I am so happy for you guys! The purses are way cute...where is mine? Haha. You are so crafty! I love it! I totally don't have time or the energy to do something like that. :o) Love you!!!!!

Rachel said...

Those are super cute. The last time I had to sew was in seventh grade when we made hot-pads, so I'm way impressed with your sewing skills! Let me know when you get the blog running!

My Sister's Tricks said...

Hey Kimmy. I got you comment on my blog. And there is no problem with you coming by my place before or after your trip to Indiana. Just give me a call so I can tell you where I live. I live in the East Valley close to the 60 so I'm not far out of the way. Hope your trip goes well for ya. Let us know how things go. Good Luck :)

Brandon and Sally said...

REPRESENT!!! (My comment about Austin's comment on our blog)

- Brandon

Brandon and Sally said...

SEATTLE all the way... Woot woot! Closer to Brandon & Sally! Only downside to the place is, traffic, traffic, and even more traffic... did I already say traffic? And not to mention, the crappy roads! Phoenix would be nice, HOT & closer to family but not as close to Brandon and Sally! Lol!

Team Seguritan said...

Love the purses. I really like the black and pink one, and the other one that I don't know if it's a surprise or not, but you know which one I'm talking about.

KT

Rachel said...

My sister didn't end up using the pictures I took of her and Tyson, because Tyson got his hair cut the very next day. Oh well.

Unknown said...

Stay in AZ! You guys will miss the fams too much otherwise! Who cares if it's like a million degrees down here 3/4 of the year...

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Hey I am turning my page private, give me your e-mail address and I can add your blog to our list!!