Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another Today

Do you ever feel so rushed in life that you don't take a moment to realize what you have?  I know I do all the time.  I am always thinking about what I have to do next and where I need to go.  Today I had a moment where I realized how blessed I truly am.  I would like to share some of my thoughts with you.  I don't want to take a ton of time so I will try and be brief. (the following is in no particular order of importance) I am thankful for:
  • The opportunity to attend BYU.  I love the education I have received.  I am currently in a neuroanatomy class and we have been dissecting a brain out of a cadaver... cool huh?  Well, at least I think so.  
  • My neighbor who has given me the opportunity to serve (while Georgia is out of town).  She has a two year old boy that I have been able to watch on MWF mornings from 8-11.  He is a little piece of sunshine that brings me joy.
  • The priority/time I have made to work out on an "almost daily" basis (I know, it's about time since I am an exercise science major!).  
  • Our primary class (11-12 year old boys)
  • the different jobs I have that keep me on my toes and always looking forward for something new, almost daily.  (Physical therapy clinic, 4H after school program, activity support on campus, working with Georgia, babysitting).
  • My husband that puts up with me, laughs at my jokes, loves me always, and works so hard.
and lastly;
  • My loving Heavenly Father.  He is the rock that I am built upon and the one I always turn to.
There are many other things I am grateful for but these are the ones that I have been pondering on today.  I would like to remind all of us that even though we are all moving forward and pursuing goals/dreams to not forget where we are today and what the journey is like.  There will always be another goal but there will not be another today.

1 comment:

ltandjbcox said...

Good counsel for us all to stop, think and appreciate all that we have been blessed with.

Your schedule sounds hectic. I'm glad you could find a moment of reflection and give encouragement for us all to do likewise. Love you Kimmy.