Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I am polling the audience!

             Well, here we are in December already. Life is just flying by! Luckily we have all of our Christmas presents done. We just have a few last minute things to do but all in all we are doing good. School is our main focus with finals coming up quick. This semester has really been great. We have both had a lot of time to focus on our studies and make the most of it. Next semester will be interesting. Austin will still have his full load of classes and I will only have two classes (technically 3 counting my online class).
            Ok, here is the deal. I am polling the audience... I expect everyone to participate that reads this post, it is very crucial! (ok, maybe not that important but do it because you love me)... Anyways, I have been debating what future schooling or career would be best for me and our little families future (no, we're not pregnant, just trying to plan ahead). The more I look into different options the more options I find! Here is a list of the current options on my mind: physical therapy (great career but full time school for 3 solid years... it would be difficult with kids), exercise science masters program (2 yr part time program and I could teach at a community college level), Fitness Instructor (could start right away but first I have to specialize in something... like pilates),  and (yes I know its out there) MBA (a part of me likes the idea of the business world but its something I don't know much about so it would be a whole new realm... scary but exciting). I want to see what you think, which option would you choose if you were in my shoes? (don't worry, I am not basing my decision on what you say, its just a fun thing to know what you think).
 I will try to post a poll on the right hand side of the blog.  Check it out.

3 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

kimmy you're too cute... i would say that in your shoes i would probably start towards the masters because it gives you more job opportunities, while leaving open the option for being a mom sooner =) it wouldn't be easy but do-able, if it got to hard or your kids needed you sooner, you could always be a fitness instructor or work as a full time mom (since it really is a full time job). i think that an full time 3 year program would only work if you were putting off family for 3 years cause once you hold that little baby in your arms you won't want to leave it with anyone else while you go to school, its hard enough for me to leave porter at night when he's sleeping!!! you are at such a fun point in your life, scary at the time but so many options =) anything you choose will work out so have fun, good luck!

My Sister's Tricks said...

hey kim
well first of all i think whatever you chose you will excel at it. if it was me i would do something with P.T. i'm sure with a bachelors you can go for something like a P.T assistant. you know working with kids in a school setting. you would come to the school and do therapy with them under a P.T. It seems a lot of fun, and not as demanding as a real P.T. i don't know... but i do know that there is something out there like that since i work at a school. well good luck with your decision. i hope i helped out a little.

p.s. i tried to email you and it didn't work. maybe i have your address wrong. that would be great if you emailed it to me again. love ya!! :)

Team Seguritan said...

Okay, I voted for instructor, but that's only because that's basically what I do with teaching dance through the city, so it made me feel good about myself. But seriously I'm doing this with no education, so getting your education would set you apart from the everday "Katies" out there teaching dance.

BUT being an instructor has wonderful hours if you're a mom, and a lot of times you can take the kids with you. And I make about $30 an hour(sure it's only 2 hours a week) so it's kind of easy money.

That's all.