Before we left Utah we had to hike the most beautiful (not to mention the tallest) mountain in the Provo area. Mount Timpanogos. The point of the mountain above Austin's head was our destination. Hikers: Austin, Warren, and I (Tommy bailed, what a loser :)
After about four hours, a moose, a couple of deer, and some mountain goats we made it to the top. The view was phenomenal. This is overlooking the Provo/ American Fork part of Utah valley.

The way down was quite a bit harder than I thought it would be. By this time it was mid morning and the rest of the way down was in the heat of the sun. The hike was pretty intense, we even had an old man pass us... I have to admit that was because of me more so than because of the boys.
We loved this hike (especially starting early and seeing the sun rise in the valley). If you enjoy hiking but are not in the best shape I would suggest going a couple miles up the trail just to see the sun rise (the trail has a lot of switch backs so its not too hard at first), be sure to bring mosquito repellant (those guys have no mercy up there).
As for what we are up to, we have moved to Arizona. We are chillin' with my parents here in Lakeside at the moment. I have a job at the local hospital doing in-patient physical therapy. It is a fun yet very different setting from what I have been working in. (I almost passed out on my first day from the sight of blood (a lot of it), but that's another story!). Austin is still applying for jobs all over. We are looking at the possibility of staying here for a year while we apply to graduate schools and then start that next fall. We will see what happens, who knows... we just fly by the seat of our pants (its a Gwynn thing, it's starting to rub off on me!)
In the meantime I keep myself busy after work by alternating cooking/cleaning duties with my mother and playing board games with my niece Joslin, at least I have someone to play with. If any of you readers are currently in Lakeside or will be visiting please call us! We need friends up here! :)
10 comments:
Ok, so I'm glad you didn't mention the camping trip since I totally forgot to mention you in my blog. But for the record, I really thought you were there..in the blog I mean.
Those pictures you have are beatiful!
KT
Hey guys,
You are chillin on the MTN huh?
I think We are coming up the last weekend in August. We should go do something!
hey kimmy... welcome back to az. now we can actually plan some time to see each other. My baby shower will be in sept.. the second weekend i think. i'll let you know more when I know more about it.
Welcome HOME KIMMY!!!! Come see us anytime. We are always home. And my kids love board games I think they could give you a run for your money in Hungry Hungry Hippo.
I love that Hike, well I love getting to the top and then running back down, it's hard going up! Did you visit the little red shack on top?
Thanks for leaving some memories for me. I have a couple for you my dear.
-When Skippy(was that your dogs name?)got sprayed by a skunk and then immediately ran into the house. It was SO FOUL, but it was So funny. I will never be able to stomach Skunk ever again. It was like we got sprayed. Yummy!
-When we were younger and you and I went to my grandma's and made her think you were me for a while.
-All the wonderful hikes with young womens
-The HUGE Parrot that hung in your family's kitchen. I'm positive it will be one of the 7 wonders of the world someday.
-Smores in your backyard.
-Softball in Jr. High (Coach Flea)
Love ya KIM
That hike looks awesome! We come up to Lakeside all the time. I'll give you a call when we're in town. I think I've had your parent's phone number memorized since I was five!
KIM! I'm glad that you guys are moving back here to Arizona! It's seems like everybody lives in Utah these days!! Anyway, one of these days we will be going up north!! Oh, this is Megan Pullin if you didn't know! If you want to add us to your blog, i wont be offended ;)!!!
hey kim so back in lakeside! nice, the weather is so nice up there compared to down here. i am about to kill over with this heat and humidity. your pictures on mt timp are beautiful. we hike camelback down here sometimes, well when it was cooler. in about 4 weeks i should have a new addition to our little family. so after that i may be making more trips up to lakeside. i will probably see you at church or something. sometime. well you two take care. don't pass out at work, not good. see ya
You guys look like world class travellers! How's AZ? PS. Got your comment! Woot woot!
Post a Comment